Friday, September 10, 2010

In progress: Yemanjá [or how to be near a heart attack]

work in progress: Yemanjá

work in progress: Yemanjá

work in progress: Yemanjá

work in progress: Yemanjá

work in progress: Yemanjá

she was supposed to be in a exhibition that will open next month in Virginia, called "The Power of the Orishas" [model is my beautiful friend Iara]. when i got the invitation, i couldn't help but nearly scream with excitement. after all, this is part of the culture in which i grew up - the Afro-Brazilian culture, with all its magic and beauty. how could i get out? simple: by MISSING THE DEADLINE.

i think i have to buy a neon sign and hang it on my wall next time. it could save me a trip to the hospital in case of a heart attack.

+

still busy as hell. doing what i have to do. the design agency will be finally launched next week if i can finish all the website in time. and then i will be able to organize myself better and paint more (so i hope.) don't leave me, people. i'll buy you candy.

6 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

she is dreamy sensuously gorgeous! oh my, incredible!

yes to the heart attack part.... my hunch the universe has another plan for you~

Janine said...

She is so beautiful! I love how you paint the veil. I love the translucency of your colors! Your work always amazes me!

Patricia Ariel said...

thanks, sweet ladies!

*Tammie*, missing that deadline nearly sent me to the emergency room. i wanted to do that show so bad that i couldn't believe i forgot to check the deadline date.

*Janine*, it took me a while to find out how to make the acrylics that translucent on the gessoed board. the glazings don't behave the same as on the paper. glad you enjoy it.

A mermaid in the attic said...

Oh deadlines, don't you hate them?! She is stunning, I love water goddesses...Yemanja was actually on my names 'short list' for my 9 yo when she was born...but her dad chose one of the other 4 names...with a similar sound though!

Jasmine said...

She is beautiful Ariel, such a shame you missed the exhibition deadline. She would have wowed her viewers for sure. x

charisse 'dadis' melliza said...

you're works are all amazing! particularly this one,,just took my breath away.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails