Friday, January 1, 2010

The Mirror

The Mirror


Acrylics,  pastel and pencil on board, 
11 x 14
2010


$280

Illustration for the poetry book "Liquid Dreams", by Ricardo Blancas.


Chasing After Light

 I’d chase after you at the speed of light,
but what’s the point?
You’re already ahead of me.

Instead I’ll pace my self,
continue to move forward,
knowing that at some point in time,
you’ll come across a mirror
and reflect upon it.

 At which point,
I’ll still be traveling towards you.
With open arms and a smile on my face,
I’ll meet you a long the way.

(Published under author's permission.)

3 comments:

MoonSpiral said...

Wow, Patty the color on this is beautiful...I guess it's the acrylics, I hope there will be more to come. Your gift with anatomy always amazes me, it is so hard to draw two figures reflecting each other.

Jasmine said...

Beautiful. A wonderful new year to you x

Eric said...

Hi Ariel, ur drawing is really fantastic and fabulous, u should promote it, I knew a website called blogerzoom.com for advertising and marketing, They are offering very unique features with cheap prices. They will promote ur blog through all over the network, all u have to do is choose ur pack plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to blogerzoom advertising team to promote ur blog in every network. And see how u enjoy a lot of traffic plus good earnings from ur blog. Finally happy new year to u and ur family...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails