Saturday, October 17, 2009

a break from the Tree + good news

sometimes working in a large, detailed piece like the Tree of Life becomes a little overwhelming. your eyes get sort of tired from continuously looking at the same stuff and end up needing a little refreshment.

in progress: The Puppeteer

in progress: The Puppeteer

in progress: The Puppeteer

The Puppeteer, work in progress. mixed media on illustration board.


+


I was invited to collaborate with 3 illustrations for Liquid Dreams, a project by California poet Ricardo Blancas. along with Blanca's beautiful poems, the book will bring color illustrations from different artists, ranging from pencil to oils works. all the earnings from the book sales go to charity. I'm pretty proud to be part of this project and sure that the final result will be a pearl of beauty. have seen the other artist's illustrations and got in awe by their talent and sensitivity.

+

also proud to let you know that 14 of my works will be published in a 2011 calendar by a Spanish publisher. this is specially important to me since it will be my first time in a publication featuring exclusively my artwork. and in Spain, land of my ancestors - although born in Brazil, I am of Spanish heritage. some of my relatives of old may have done something from the other plane.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Wonderful news. Be sure to let us know how and where we can get copies of both the book and the calender :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails