Friday, June 12, 2009

work in progress: The Calling

feeling a little handicapped since my laptop cable broke inside. no way to use it until the new cable arrives, what may happen next week. I can't access my softwares and reference pictures and other important stuff for a while. fortunately I have the family desktop available at least to read and answer emails. but as there are bad things that come for good (pretty much all of them, I'd say,) I can now catch up with my readings and give some deserved rest to my poor eyes, that have been suffered a lot on the screen exposure.

I keep on working on the non nude pieces that will be shown at the cafe next month (what, didn't I tell you that I'm going to display some works at the Common Grounds Coffee House, in Lexington- KY next month?) they don't want nudes, so I'll have to complete my set of paintings with some new ones.

work in progress: The Calling

work in progress: The Calling

work in progress: The Calling

work in progress: The Calling

feeling specially happy with this one, named The Calling, and pondering whether or not I should put it for sale. I've been putting a lot of emotional energy in this painting, that ended up becoming pretty much a type of self-portrait. yep, it's my face again. The Calling is about the freedom of being yourself and following your path in life, or responding to the call of your soul. it has a more organic aesthetic and also more naturalist. it seems that I definitely incorporated the heart in my personal iconography, along with the masks and butterflies...

3 comments:

Pearl said...

Happy birthday, Gemini sister!
I'd like to wish you all the best for the coming years and I hope your creativity leads you somewhere beautiful, if it hasn't already, one day.
I really can't wait to see this piece and The Tree of Life. Looking forward to them!


Pearl

Sylvia said...

Ola Ariel! Quando vi as tuas pinturas e desenhos, fiquei absolutamente "mesmerised". Que coisa mais linda! Interessante o pormenor do "work in progress". Muito sucesso para voce!

JenHoney said...

I just finished a painting that I was pretty proud of and then I came across your work, which puts mine to shame. So amazing! The attention to detail is astounding. I'll be keeping an eye out for new work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails